Position Title: Web Editor
Division: Marketing & Development
Manager: Vice-President, Marketing
Hours/Week: 5-10 hours / week
Deadline: As Soon as Possible
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that recruits, trains and matches teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of management consulting. Endeavour focuses on helping non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting to build capacity and improve community impact. Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 400 volunteers on over 70 projects — delivering more than $5 million in pro bono consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour’s partnerships with leading corporations in Canada offer pro bono and skills-based volunteering opportunities that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Endeavour is looking for a freelance web editor to join the Marketing & Development group to start immediately. Endeavour is going through a website update and would need a strategic web editor to provide recommendations on best practices on text format, length, and tone. You will be responsible for reviewing and editing content for SEO, consistency, and flow. This is short term project and compensation will be provided based on the amount of work done. The expected end date for this project is November 2017, but we would like to retain your services for future projects.
Hours are flexible and work is completed virtually online.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to review and recommend website content and possibly social media
- Edit word content provided by the rest of the team for grammar, consistency, and flow
- Review word content from perspective of SEO, best practices for online editorials
- Experience in web content creation and editing – will need to provide work samples
- Demonstrated knowledge & interest in the non-profit industry and community impact
- Excellent virtual project management, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment
- Strong motivation and initiative to take the lead in managing tasks to completion
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Strengthen and broaden your skills in project co-ordination, editing, event reporting and possibly interviewing.
- Build relationships with a diverse group of professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, the social sector, and academia.
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour.
- Flexible schedule.
Application Deadline: As Soon as Possible
Please forward a Cover Letter, work samples (or links) and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org