Position Title: Vice-President, Information Technology (IT) and Information
Division: Information Technology (IT) and Information Management (IM)
Level: Senior Leadership
Type: On going
Hours/Week: Minimum 7 hours/week
Deadline:April 5, 2013
Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits (Endeavour) is a registered Canadian charity that provides management consulting to improve organizational capacity and community impact. We focus on serving non-profit organizations that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting. Since 2007, Endeavour has recruited and managed more than 300 volunteers to provide management advice to more than 50 non-profit organizations in Ontario, helping communities in many areas, such as the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca
Endeavour is looking for an individual with strong technical knowledge and leadership skills to join the Senior Leadership Team as Vice-President, Information Technology (IT) and Information Management (IM). In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing Endeavour’s IT and IM visions and strategies to support day-to-day operations and to build the organization’s capacity for growth and sustainability.
As VP IT & IM, you will lead a team with responsibilities in the following areas.
1. Information Technology(IT)
You will be responsible for the organization’s overall IT vision and strategy, including:
- Developing/enhancing and implementing an integrated and comprehensive IT roadmap and framework to support the organization’s ongoing operations, growth and sustainability.
- Working with the leadership team and board of directors to align IT investments and priorities with the organization’s strategic directions and corporate objectives
- Maintaining, developing and strengthening the organization’s IT infrastructure, processes and documentation encompassing website, email, telecommunications, applications, networks, etc.
- Managing, evaluating, prioritizing and monitoring IT requests, work and deliverables, including ensuring IT delivers on its plans, budgets and commitments; proactively managing risks, change and contingency; and enhancing IT customer service
- Identifying, negotiating and liaising with external IT vendors, suppliers, outsourcing partners and developers as required, including overseeing contracts and service level agreements
2. Information Management (IM)
You will be responsible for the organization’s overall IM vision and strategy, including:
- Working in collaboration with division leaders to develop/enhance and implement an integrated and comprehensive IM roadmap and framework that facilitates the access, control, coordination, timeliness, accuracy and usability of information across the organization, and builds the foundation for knowledge management (the identification, capturing, retrieving, sharing and adoption of knowledge across the organization)
- Leading the development and implementation of a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database encompassing the organization’s relationships with volunteers, clients, partners, donors, and other constituents
- Promoting and managing information and knowledge sharing and retention through the organization’s operational processes and systems, including developing/maintaining tools facilitating information and knowledge sharing (such as corporate portal and knowledge centre); strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information systems; and improving integration among information systems to facilitate exchange of information across systems.
As VP, you will also be responsible for general management and leadership functions, including:
- Recruiting, training and managing direct reports to carry out responsibilities of the division
- Working with the senior leadership team, board advisors and direct reports to develop and achieve strategic goals
- Working with direct reports to develop annual goals and assess annual performance
- Reporting the division’s activities and accomplishments to the Board of Directors
- Developing and enhancing relevant policies and procedures
- Participating in regular meetings with senior leadership team, executive team and direct reports
- Strong technology and information management experience and skills, including minimum 3
years working in an IT environment with experience in deploying technology solutions
- Strong leadership and management experience and skills, including demonstrated success
managing a team
- Excellent teamwork, communications, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and results-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a virtual work environment
- A passion for Endeavour’s mission and at least a two-year commitment to the role
- Experience in CRM development and implementation highly preferred
- Experience working within a volunteer/non-profit environment an asset
- Strengthen and broaden your leadership and management skills and experience
- Build relationships with a diverse group of professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, the
social sector and academia
- Contribute to the strategic directions and successes of a growing charity
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Flexible schedule
- Cover Letter, briefly highlighting your interest in the position and relevant qualifications
- Resume (PDF format preferred)
Subject Line: First Name Last Name – VP Information Technology & Information Management