Position Title: Associate, Information Technology
Division: IT & Information Management
Manager: Director, Information Technology
Type: On going
Hours/Week: 3-5 hours / week (varies depending on project cycle)
Deadline: May 5, 2014
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that recruits, trains and matches teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of management consulting. Endeavour focuses on helping non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting to build capacity and improve community impact. Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 400 volunteers on over 70 projects — delivering more than $5 million in pro bono consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour’s partnerships with leading corporations in Canada offer pro bono and skills-based volunteering opportunities that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca
Endeavour is looking for a volunteer to join the IT & Information Management department as an Associate, Information Technology. The person in this position will be responsible for enhancing Web and desktop applications and configuring off-the-shelf solutions that will be used by Endeavour volunteers and consulting teams. In addition to these tasks, the IT Associate will be expected to help with maintenance of the organization’s website during peak times of the year.
IT Associate will be engaged in implementation of Web applications, maintaining and enhancing IT infrastructure used by the organization.
- Understanding of Web applications and Web Hosting technologies
- Experience in research and comparison of different IT solutions
- Analytical thinking
- At least 12 months of commitment to Endeavour
- Experience supporting users and resolving technical issues
- Ability to effectively manage priorities
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment
- Ability to manage and promptly respond to daily email communications
- Excellent communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Previous experience in IT, web application implementation and maintenance.
- Strengthen your IT skills; understand project management for IT projects.
- Work with and learn from a diverse network of talented volunteers
- Contribute to and share in the successes of a growing non-profit
- Meet and network with volunteers, clients, experts and community leaders from diverse backgrounds and industries
- Gain insight into consulting, and the non-profit and social sectors
- Cover letter and Resume
Subject Line: First Name, Last Name – Associate, Information Technology