Position Title: Creative Director/Graphic Designer
Division: Marketing & Communications
Manager: VP, Marketing & Communications
Type: On going
Hours/Week: 5-10 hours / month
Deadline: Until Filled
Endeavour is looking for a volunteer to join the Marketing & Development group as the Creative Director. This role requires an extremely talented designer as well as website development.
You will be joining the organization at an exciting growth stage and will be responsible for leading the communication design, interactive design, and concept forward in any Endeavour’s marketing and branding activities, including the design of annual reports, newsletters, case studies, website design and development, graphics, videos and other marketing materials, skills-based volunteer and business experience is a strong asset. In addition to visionary concept, the role is hands-on and ideal for someone able to work independently, within a team of visionaries, skilled project managers, copywriters, and technical talent.
If you are looking to expand to your non-profit and skills-based design portfolio – this just might be role for you!
As the Creative Director you will be responsible for the following areas:
- The first challenge in this role is to work with a team and deliver a new pro-bono and skills based volunteer website that will act as a front-line communication and first touchpoint for future clients, volunteers and corporate partners where they can learn about our solid offerings and act as a recruitment vehicle for top volunteer talent.
- Create conceptual design solutions which support brand strategy
- Refine and develop all aspects of the chosen design concept
- Recruit junior designers and production team as necessary
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines for all material
- Prepare materials for clients and internal meetings
- Present design refinements to clients
- Participate in the development of new business efforts as requested
- Knowledge of typography, layout, colour sense and latest design tools and software and freeware
- Solid experience in WordPress and various add-ons and working with digital team in search engine optimization
- Photography – managing two photographers and ensuring the presence of a photographer at key sessions – weekends and evening commitment are required in this role.
- Manage teams, designers and photographers
- Strong communication capabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge & interest in corporate branding & design
- Ability to adhere to project budgets and deadlines
- Expertise in digital branding is a plus
- Minimum 1-2 year commitment to Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment working closely with Director of Digital and Director of Marketing and Communications as well as the IT team
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Strengthen and broaden your leadership and management skills and experiences
- Build relationships with a diverse group of professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, the social sector and academia
- Contribute to the strategic directions and successes of a growing non-profit organization
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour
- Flexible schedule
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Sample of Design Portfolio
Subject Line: Application for Creative Director and Website Designer/Developer