Position Title: Co-Director, Training and Development
Division: Human Resources
Manager: Vice-President, Human Resources
Hours/Week: 5-10 hours/week (varies depending on project cycle)
Deadline: January 29, 2016
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that recruits, trains and matches teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of management consulting. Endeavour focuses on helping non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting to build capacity and improve community impact. Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 400 volunteers on over 70 projects — delivering more than $5 million in pro bono consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour’s partnerships with leading corporations in Canada offer pro bono and skills-based volunteering opportunities that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca
Endeavour is looking for a volunteer to join the Human Resources Division as Co-Director of Training and Development. The Co-Director will be responsible for the coordination of volunteer events.
The Co-Director of Training and Development will be responsible for Endeavour’s educational sessions in support of our consulting teams through each phase of their consulting engagements. These sessions are currently held on a Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon for both the spring/summer and fall/winter consulting cycles:
- Engagement Manager Training Session
- Orientation & Training Session I (March & September)
- Training Session II (April & October)
- Training Session III (August & February)
- Developing and facilitating volunteer training and review sessions to support consulting teams with the other Co-Director of Training and Development
- Coordinating event logistics, including developing agendas, recruiting speakers, booking event space, sending invites, and where required, marketing public workshops
- Identifying and implementing additional methods and resources to support volunteer training and development. This may include developing and implementing surveys to collect participant feedback and developing curriculum for volunteer training.
- Documenting and refining Endeavour’s training and development program through knowledge management, curriculum development and consultation with volunteers and Endeavour executives.
- Leveraging partner relationships (e.g. advisors, SMEs, partner organizations) to organize speaker events
- Working with Director of Knowledge Management to facilitate the retention and dissemination of knowledge and resources that arise from volunteer events
- Contributing to organizational sustainability through actively participating in initiatives such as the Corporate Portal and working with Director and Evaluation to evaluate training program outcomes and feedback.
- As necessary, creating and managing a committee to support work
- Co-facilitate with Director of Project Management, mid-term and final review sessions when possible.
- Work with other Endeavour divisions to coordinate project cycle and relevant deliverables.
- Long-term commitment to Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits (preferably at least 2 years)
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment
- Strong motivation and initiative to take the lead in carrying out responsibilities, and identifying and implementing new initiatives to enhance training and development portfolio
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Availability to attend and facilitate educational sessions
- Ability to manage and promptly respond to daily email communications
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team with the Co-Director of Training Development and share tasks
- Eagerness to participate and learn
- Current/former volunteer preferred
- Familiarity with consulting methodology and resources an asset
- Curriculum development and training delivery experience
- Strengthen and broaden your skills in training and education
- Build relationships with a diverse group of professionals and leaders in consulting industry, the social sector, and academia
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour
- Flexible schedule
- Cover Letter
Subject Line: First Name, Last Name – Application for Endeavour Co-Director, Training and Development