Position Title: Co-Director of Project Management
Manager: Vice President, Consulting
Type: On going
Hours/Week: 5-7 hours / week
Deadline: March 20, 2017
Endeavour provides management consulting to enable non-profit leaders to improve organizational performance and social impact. We are a volunteer organization that serves non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting. Since 2007, Endeavour has recruited and managed more than 860 volunteers to provide management advice to more than 110 local, national and international non-profits based in Canada, primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. Our non-profit clients help communities in many areas, such as the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca
Endeavour is looking for a volunteer to join the Consulting Division as a Co-Director of Project Management. In this role, you will play a critical role within the organization in ensuring each engagement is a success for volunteers, clients and Endeavour. Your responsibilities include: leading the Project Management Committee, which includes 2 Project Managers (PMs) who liaise with and support 4 to 6 engagements per project cycle, facilitating and organizing Endeavour’s Mid-term & Final Review sessions, and managing e-mail communication with our volunteer Consultants and Engagement Managers.
As a Co-Director of Project Management, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Attend the Orientation Session of each consulting cycle/round and provide consulting teams with information regarding available Project Management resources
- Organize, host, and facilitate the Mid-term and Final Review sessions during each consulting cycle/round
- Manage the Project Management Committee, and provide guidance and support to PMs in response to any issues/challenges (e.g. team dynamic issues, leadership challenges, client communication problems, scope creep, etc.) that may arise during each project
- Lead monthly calls/meetings with PMs to receive updates on the current status of each engagement
- Present brief updates on the status of each consulting project to VP of Consulting on a monthly basis and to Endeavour’s Executive team at quarterly executive meetings
Communications & Logistics
- Monitor the centralized e-mail inbox for volunteer operations on a regular basis, and respond to (or re-direct) volunteer inquiries
- Book meeting rooms for consulting project volunteers or for other Endeavour-related events (e.g. the Mid-term & Final Review sessions), and manage physical assets for and access to partner sites
- Book the conference line for consulting project volunteers or for Endeavour executives
- Drive internal initiatives to enhance the Project Management Committee as it relates to Endeavour’s strategic goals, and to build Project Management resources for engagement teams
- Maintain documentation on Project Management processes and resources
- Previous Endeavour volunteer experience, particularly as a Senior Consultant or Engagement Manager, is an asset
- Previous project management, non-profit and consulting experience are assets
- Excellent leadership skills, organizational, time management skills, issues management, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Availability to attend, host, organize Mid-term & Final Review sessions (with over 30+ volunteer attendees)
- Strong motivation and initiative to take the lead in carrying out responsibilities, and identifying and implementing new initiatives that enhance the project experience
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment, e.g., Salesforce
- Long-term commitment (1-2+ years) to Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits
- Availability and willingness to travel to subway-accessible meeting spaces in the Toronto area
- Membership in an evaluation society
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with small nonprofits
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Develop processes to help the project management committee better support consulting teams throughout their engagements.
- Strengthen, develop, and broaden your leadership and management skills and experiences.
- Build relationships with a diverse group of passionate professionals and leaders with different backgrounds including consulting, non-profit, industry, and academia
- Contribute to the strategic directions and successes of a growing non-profit organization.
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Pursue future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour.
- Maintain a flexible schedule.
- Cover Letter, briefly highlighting your interest in the position and relevant qualifications
- Resume (PDF format preferred)
Subject Line: Application for Endeavour Co-Director of Project Management