Position Title: Co-Director of Project Management
Manager: Vice President, Consulting
Type: On going
Hours/Week: 5-7 hours / week
Deadline: August 10, 2017
Endeavour provides management consulting to enable non-profit leaders to improve organizational performance and social impact. We are a volunteer organization that serves non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting.
Since 2007, Endeavour has recruited and managed more than 900 volunteers to provide management advice to more than 115 local, national and international non-profits based in Canada, primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. Our non-profit clients help communities in many areas, such as the arts, children and family services, disabilities, education, environment, healthcare, immigrant services, rural development, skills training, poverty relief, and youth development. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca
Endeavour is looking for a volunteer to join the Consulting Division as a Co-Director of Project Management. In this role, you will play a critical role within the organization in ensuring each engagement is a success for volunteers, clients and Endeavour. Your responsibilities include: managing the Project Management Committee, which includes 2 Project Managers (PMs) who provide guidance and support to 2 or 3 engagements per project cycle, facilitating and organizing Endeavour’s Mid-term & Final Review sessions, and managing e-mail communication with our volunteer Consultants and Engagement Managers.
As a Co-Director of Project Management, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Attend the Orientation Session at the beginning of each consulting cycle/round and provide new volunteers with information regarding the Project Management resources available to them throughout the duration of their consulting project.
- Assign each PM to a set of consulting engagements at the start of each consulting cycle/round.
- Provide support/guidance to PMs in response to any issues/challenges (e.g. team dynamic issues, leadership challenges, client communication problems, scope creep, etc.) that may arise during each project, and escalate as appropriate to senior leadership.
- Schedule monthly calls/meetings with each PM to receive updates on the current status of each engagement
- Present brief updates on the status of each consulting project to VP of Consulting on a monthly basis and to Endeavour’s Executive team at quarterly executive meetings.
Mid-Term and Final Reviews Sessions
- Organize, host, and facilitate the Mid-term and Final Review sessions during each consulting cycle/round.
E-Mail Communications & Logistics
- Monitor the centralized e-mail inbox for volunteer operations on a regular basis, and respond to (or re-direct) volunteer inquiries.
- Book meeting rooms for consulting project volunteers or for other Endeavour-related events (e.g. the Mid-term & Final Review sessions), and manage physical assets for and access to partner sites.
- Book the conference line for consulting project volunteers or for Endeavour executives.
- Previous Endeavour volunteer experience, particularly as a Senior Consultant or Engagement Manager, is an asset
- Previous project management, non-profit and consulting experience are assets
- Excellent leadership skills, organizational, time management skills, issues management, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Availability to attend, host, organize Mid-term & Final Review sessions (with over 30+ volunteer attendees)
- Strong motivation and initiative to take the lead in carrying out responsibilities, and identifying and implementing new initiatives that enhance the project experience
- Ability to collaborate and deliver results in a virtual work environment, e.g., Salesforce
- Long-term commitment (1-2+ years) to Endeavour Volunteer Consulting for Non-Profits
- Availability and willingness to travel to subway-accessible meeting spaces in the Toronto area
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Develop processes to help the project management committee better support consulting teams throughout their engagements.
- Strengthen, develop, and broaden your leadership and management skills and experiences.
- Build relationships with a diverse group of passionate professionals and leaders with different backgrounds including consulting, non-profit, industry, and academia
- Contribute to the strategic directions and successes of a growing non-profit organization.
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Pursue future opportunities to volunteer in other capacities and divisions within Endeavour.
- Maintain a flexible schedule.
- Cover Letter and Resume
Subject Line: Application for Endeavour Co-Director of Project Management