Position Title: Advisory Committee Members
Division: Human Resources
Reports To: VP
Hours/Week: Minimum 5 hours/month
Deadline: February 20, 2015
Endeavour is a Canadian charity that recruits, trains and matches teams of skilled volunteers with non-profit organizations in need of management consulting. Endeavour focuses on helping non-profits that otherwise cannot afford professional consulting to build capacity and improve community impact. Since 2007, Endeavour has engaged more than 400 volunteers on over 70 projects — delivering more than $5 million in pro bono consulting to local, national and international non-profits based in Canada. Endeavour’s partnerships with leading corporations in Canada offer pro bono and skills-based volunteering opportunities that contribute to employee engagement, professional and leadership development, talent retention and corporate responsibility goals. To learn more, visit www.endeavourvolunteer.ca.
Endeavour is looking for a dedicated and driven volunteer to join the Advisory Committee. Endeavour’s Advisory Committee, comprised of experts from academia, consulting, non-profit and industry, provide advice and subject matter expertise to Endeavour consulting and executive teams.
Advisory committee members provide guidance to both the executive and consulting teams and are instrumental to the success of the consulting engagements. Advisors are each assigned to one client project and Endeavour team. The roles and responsibilities of members on the advisory committee include:
- Attend the initial client meeting with the teams to help clarify problem and scope of work
- Review, validate, and sign off on Statement of Work
- Provide general guidance around where to look for resources, client management
- Validate and provide feedback on consulting project frameworks
- Conduct a detailed review of the final deliverable and sign off on the content before it goes to the client
- Attend Endeavour-led sessions during the project cycle: Orientation Session, Midterm Review Session, and Final Review Session. These events typically take place on a Saturday / Sunday morning / afternoon
- Management consulting and/or nonprofit executive experience
- Minimum 6 months commitment (next project cycle is from Mar 2015 to Sept 2015)
- Strengthen and broaden your mentorship, leadership and management skills and experience
- Build connections and relationships with a dynamic group of young and seasoned professionals and leaders in consulting, industry, community and academia
- Become a part of the growth and success of an entrepreneurial non-profit leading the pro bono movement in Canada
- Make an impact while having fun!
- Flexible schedule
Application Deadline: February 20, 2015
- Cover Letter
Subject Line: First Name, Last Name – Advisory Committee Member